The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
– George Bernard Shaw
- Moved to Louisiana as a kid, eagerly absorbing the culture like a sponge.
- First job was at her parents’ bookstore.
- Got a taste of the restaurant industry while working her way through LSU.
- Studied a range of industries, from textiles and business management to psychology and forensics.
- Ended up back in the restaurant biz.
- Adopted Jake, a pit bull/lab mix and her real-life partner in crime.
- Left the dining room for the studio floor. Goodbye champagne, hello sawdust!
- Works hard, plays harder, and laughs in the face of adversity.
Steadfast and empathetic, Jessica is Artisan Millshop's trusted advisor and detailed disciplinarian. She's the structured yin to John's creative yang — and a perfect fit for the high-pressure restaurant and design industries.
From the dining room and cocktail lounge of New Orleans' famed Windsor Court Hotel to celebrity-chef playground Restaurant R'evolution, Jess is known for bringing order to chaos — juggling details and deadlines with grace and good humor. And after meeting John on his Restaurant R'evolution project, she took a leap of faith and joined the Artisan team. Says Jess: "I felt confident that I was moving from the best of one industry to the best of another."